View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think this makes me have enough too. From the wrap from Trotz:

“It’s time where we need Colin Wilson who has two points in 11 games. He has to step up here,” Trotz said. “To me, he’s taken a step back here in his last couple of games, because it’s not about his ability, it’s about his mindset and he’s taken a step back. He has to step forward,”Really? You think? He's a kid. He's getting top line and PP minutes then gets yanked from a line he's playing well with to playing with Smithson and Ward and then bumped further down to playing 8 minutes with Bam Bam and Hali. How the heck do you think he's going to respond? Unfreaking real. His mindset is probably that of one who's ticked off. Yeah, he makes mistakes. Who doesn't on this team lately? I'd live with his mistakes since he brings offense to the team and the last time I checked we're kind of short on that right now. Put him with a guy like Fisher or Legwand so he's covered defensively on a line. Let him do this thing. I understand you have to play a system but you have to let talent breathe. He's got ability, let it shine. Let him off his leash. It just amazes me that he can criticize a kid who gets put with grinders and on the 4th line. We didn't draft him to play limited minutes or with grinders, we drafted him to be a top 6 forward. Give him consistent top 6 minutes with top 6 talent around him, that's the only way he's going to grow as a player. Yanking him up and down the lineup is only going to f' up his growth as a player. It happened with Legwand. It possibly drove Rads away. It's messing up Wilson. How many more young talents are we going to mess up?
If you are going to call out Wilson, lets talk about SK - last 10 games - 4pts. And Fisher last 10 games 3 points. Both logging way more ice time, and consistantly 1st line PP. Not quite sure why he would single him out. May as well throw in Hornqvist- last 10 games - 3 pts.

Last edited by Fortheloveofthegame: 03-07-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote