View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 01:24 AM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoster View Post
The only Center that intrigues me on 7/1 is Brad Richards but will be at a cost of a bidding war with teams like the leafs and rangers and will most likely overpay.

The route I can see us taking is the trade route and would seriously look into the Spezza idea the cost would probably start with our 2011 1st+

I would imagine a deal centered around

C Jason Spezza

For

2011 1st Round Pick
C Luke Adam
Condtional 1st/2nd

If that's a type of deal that would land Spezza, Darcy has to pull the trigger.

With Spezza and Roy as Top 6 Centers and possibly with Connolly re-signing gives us three versitile Centers that gives Ruff to run his three scoring lines.

Other Notable Centers VIA Trade to look into:
C Paul Stastny - Obviously with the re-tooling their doing in Colorado
C Vincent Lecavlier - With Stamkos due for a raise and with the lack of production at the price he's being paid a change of scenery could be an option
C Jeff Carter - Philly has a boatload of cash invested in their Center position and is looking into financial trouble when it comes to the cap in the next few years could be an option that could be dealt to free up cap space
For that package, Ottawa would rather keep Spezza.
They have plenty of cap space and they need at least one legitimate center.
The window for trading him has already closed, as he was up for trade until the Sens paid his signing bonus last summer.
I don't see why Statsny would be moved either.

Yzerman has already stated that he isn't trading Lecavalier.
Tampa Bay has a new owner who is committed and nearly $15m coming off of their cap this summer, in addition to their nearly $10m in existing space.
Don't forget the $2-3m projected additional cap space after this season either.

Philly only has imaginary cap problems and if anything, they would bury some of their stupid contracts (Shelley) or trade one of their second pairing defenders.
Briere would be the first center moved if they had to, as Carter is signed to a better contract and is younger.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote