View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 01:30 AM
ginblossoms

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Our D still frightens me. Reviewing the Goals against.

#1 - Robidas streaks across the crease to block a shot from the point, all he does is screen the goalie and possibly deflect it.
Don't have a problem with this if it's part of the system, which I honestly am ignorant of. S*** happens.

Quote:
#2 - Williams beats BOTH Daley and Wowitka to the rebound. One guy splits 2 of our "top 4" D men with the shot, then neither have the balls to take him out of the play. Grossman or Fistric would have clocked him before letting him through.
Agreed. Williams had, what, 4 shots in that sequence? As I recall, Woywitka could've bodied Williams after the original shot, Daley shouldn't have assumed Lehtonen would clear it appropriately, and Lehtonen obviously could've played that much better. Credit to Williams for not giving up, though. That kid can play.

Quote:
#3 - Not the D's fault really. Williams doesn't get the puck deep for the change, and they spring a pass. Lehtonen was a bit off his angle and could have challenged more, but it was a nice shot.
Yeah. You let a guy like Clifford have that shot from a bad angle.

I must reiterate the Woywitka concerns, particularly on the powerplay. He is absolutely useless. Skrastins or Fistric would be just as effective. No offensive hockey sense, and his reaction time is just too slow for NHL game speed. When he finally decides to pass or shoot, the opponent has a stick check ready.

Come back Brad! Or, for purely selfish keeper fantasy hockey reasons, bring up Larsen's bomb of a right-hand shot just for the PP.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote