View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 09:50 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Ill never forget that, that was awesome. Ive been wanting to meet Recchi since he played for us a whiles back. And Thomas is such a down to earth guy. And ill never forget Ryder's face when we asked for a picture and autograph, he was so happy, it looked like he hadnt been asked for one in a while lol. Btw was your username inspired by Alan's(''The hangover'') rooftop speach?
No, lol, but I wish it was. Such a good movie moment.

My favorite player on the Bruins is Adam McQuaid. Has been for quite some time now. (I know, these boards are pretty upset with him, but he remains my favorite). Anyway there is a Chuck Norris movie called "Lone Wolf McQuade" So when Adam was making the transition from Juniors to the AHL, the teams called him "LoneWolf" and it stuck.

He;s my favorite, so I chose LoneWolf as a user name.

Since then though, I made a tshirt that said "Darth Quaider" and Andrew Ference introduced the nickname to the locker room. He is now commonly referred to as "Darth Quaider" rather than LoneWolf, but Sullys tshirt brand did contact me and ask me if they could use the idea!

Im all over their website now and I got to meet Ference and McQuaid and talk to them personally about the whole creation of the nickname! It was very cool!

Glad you enjoyed meeting them. Chara was pretty quiet that night, but the other three were more than happy to do pictures and such with you! Im glad you enjoyed!