View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 10:15 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
to me, that is trotz telling wilson to get his head in the game. attention to detail. I have no problem with trotz saying it. (other than it being in the media, to which I assume wilson hasn't had it sink in from video or practice) wilson ahs been awful the last month. look at the game winner the other night. legwand working his butt off for the puck in our zone vs 2 guys, wilson standing, watching, flat footed waiting for the game to come to him rather than him taking the game. I am not so much questioning his heart, desire, effort, etc, but his attention to the little things trotz demands. I don't care who he plays with, but until he plays a better two way game he will have limited minutes and be protected by defensivley responsible guys like ward and smithson. trotz is 100% right with what he is saying.
Is it ok to say that about Wilson but because Fisher and SK may be paying to detail but not scoring they don't get any sort of public lashing? I'm just asking.

While playing a solid two way game is important, you have also have to have guys be able to create offensively. While his play may have taken a nose dive as of late, I think you have to get him out there regardless. We're not winning games because we're not putting the puck in the net. If one guy is going to make that much of a difference defensively we have some bigger fish to fry. There have also been plenty of guys in the NHL who weren't the best two way players but still contributed.

I just think it's Trotz breaking down another young player and we're going to end up with a 40 point a year a guy as opposed to a guy that's going to put up 60-70 points a year. Is the same thing going to happen with Beck when he's here next year or the year after? I sure hope not but Trotz does not develop good offensive players.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote