View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
to me, that is trotz telling wilson to get his head in the game. attention to detail. I have no problem with trotz saying it. (other than it being in the media, to which I assume wilson hasn't had it sink in from video or practice) wilson ahs been awful the last month. look at the game winner the other night. legwand working his butt off for the puck in our zone vs 2 guys, wilson standing, watching, flat footed waiting for the game to come to him rather than him taking the game. I am not so much questioning his heart, desire, effort, etc, but his attention to the little things trotz demands. I don't care who he plays with, but until he plays a better two way game he will have limited minutes and be protected by defensivley responsible guys like ward and smithson. trotz is 100% right with what he is saying.
Here is the play. Legwand carrying the puck over the blue line, hits 33 with a pass waist high on 33 backhand. 33 takes a hit, wins the battle and plays down to Legwand while 33 stays up high. Legwand loses his battle and the Flames come out with the puck. Still two Preds defensemen to deal with, they score. To say Wilson is at fault there, you are grasping.
Do you know how many times in the offensive zone you lose the puck and the team comes out with a odd man rush.Pres still had 2 D back in position.
Honestly, think of how many times this happens in a game.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote