View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 10:19 AM
mexicohockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
I came across this article by Uli Hesse about the Bayern München basketball team, and it made me wonder why so few, if any of the DEL teams have links to the multisport clubs that seem to play a significant role in almost all other German sporting activities.

I know that Eisbären Berlin were once a part of the SC Dynamo Berlin umbrella and that Frankfurt Lions used to be the ice hockey section of Eintracht Frankfurt, but do any of the other current or former DEL teams have a similar connection?

Would I be able to find any names that would be familiar to me as a football fan in the 2. Bundesliga or the Oberliga?

I'd also like to know if the ice hockey clubs follow the 50+1 rule like the football clubs do?
Hamburger SV has a team in the Oberliga right now, Eintracht Braunschweig had a team many years ago.
Adler Mannheim have strong ties to the Hopp family, which are behind Hoffenheim of the football Bundesliga.

Many teams are owned by investors, the Anschutz Group, owner of the LA Kings, also controls Eisbären Berlin and the Hamburg Freezers (and Hammerby IF up to 49%).

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote