View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The last 20-30 games he's been probably the hardest worker on the team. Watch the play, he is often the first one back on his line. His defensive game has improved leaps and bounds over the last few years. He also made passes from his butt ect after going into the boards with a heavy forecheck and setting up Eller. Even when he wasn't scoring with Gomez he still looked like one of the better players on the ice. His passing ability is his most under rated aspect imo. He is a very very good passer. He just needs someone who can handle them.

We give up on this guy and we will live to regret it, mark my words. He is at least twice the player of his little brother.
Agreed. People just don't know how to evaluate AK. I think it's because they were fed a few too many times about the draft. How we missed on this or that player, how those players are succeeding elsewhere, and we're stuck with a ''struggling'' Belorussian.
Then there's the obvious ridiculous headline a few years back, darkest day in habs history, that didn't help the reputation.

I think he's been one of our better players this year. Right out of the gate, I felt he was arguably our best forward, better than Plek or at least on par. I was all for trying to spread the talent over our top 6, so I agreed in moving AK with Gomez, but I also assumed that meant Gionta staying there and Pouliot being placed next to Cammy-Plek. Martin didn't do that though, and his experiment failed. During that time AK's production stopped, but he didn't look nearly as bad as people made him out to be (this goes back to people simply not knowing how to evaluate him). Moved away from that line and he slowly came back to his productive self from earlier. He now has 8pts in 6GP, playing under 15min. Hopefully that lasts.

I never got the hate this guy generated. I don't know how anybody can call him lazy or careless after watching his reactions when he scores or even by knowing he took the initiative to speak with the coach on what could be done to improve.

I agree with what you've just said. This guy can be a difference maker. We don't have a lot of players like him, and unless we get something of similar value (top 6), I have no interest in moving him. Obviously that is if he's not greedy, but I doubt he will be.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote