Thread: Proposal: The Matt Gilroy Project
View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
I think that there is no way he comes back at his QO, the fact that he was hyped as an offensive dman, and his unique UFA situation out of college and the money he made because of it has put a monkey on his back as far as fan opinion. He can take that off by resigning for a cheaper deal making a little less than eminger to show the commitment to the organization that the org has shown to him.

I think his play is a lot better than last year and while the stats aren't there, he is comparable to a slightly Brett Lebda at this stage, signing for 980k to 1.15 million on a 2 year deal is something that I believe would be fair. He's a nice guy out there playing defense, and historically speaking, any dman that's not a bruiser who doesn't put up the stats is always vilified by the ranger fan base, look back at the threads with MDZ being worshipped as the second coming of Leetch and read what this board is saying about him now.

Torts and the team seem to like Gilroy's character, and the work he puts in, if they didnt he wouldn't be playing plain and simple. It's stupid to say just get rid of him for nothing, if he's back and guys pass him on the depth chart, he can go down to conn and help the team there. That's the worst case scenario, it isn't like ur dealing with a ufa signing that Torts doesn't want on the team like kotalik or frolov. He has a respect of his teammates and the coaching staff so I don't see him just going away for nothing

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote