View Single Post
Old
03-08-2011, 04:00 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Ask Mark Messier about who influenced him the most about being a captain and a leader and he will tell you it was Wayne Gretzky.

Hardly fits in with your description of the ideal captain, doesn't it?
Link me up on this one. That is quite a statement to make when in his own words Messier says that his greatest influence was Gordie Howe.

And so does 99 and that is also well documented.

Hardly supports what your implying, does it?

So show me a link, quote or whatever else besides your opinion to back this one up and then I will do the same. Other than that its just opinion, isn't it?

Here is one of several quotes on the subject right out of Messier's mouth

"My favorite player of all time? There's two Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzky. Gordie because that is who I tried to model myself after as Captain and Wayne because he was the greatestt player of all time, he just never gave up. Wayne was the greatest player of all time hands down.

Here's a quote from Mess where he talks about what he thinks the responsibilities are for being a captain.

"As a captain, I think it`s important that the players really know who you are and what you stand for, what your beliefs are, and to be consistent in those if things are going good or things are going bad.

There are tons of them but I chose this one because it supports what I have written regarding my beliefs of what a captain should be as well.

By the way, I haven't said that DB is a bad captain just not my perfect choice.

Last edited by etherialone: 03-08-2011 at 04:53 PM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote