Old
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You contradict yourself. If coaching is minor thing (to which I disagree in general, but may agree in particular) then Torts departure is not so important compare to Sather's one. Sather stepping down could be a huge difference. Tortotella's - not so much. In Sullivan we could see the continuation of the same (plus will have a man able to finish sentence at press conferences).
No. The last paragraph is my personal feelings.

The main part of my post is that the Rangers have begun to form a philosophy as a team that is defensively responsible (similar to the Devils) but is able to take average offensive talent and win games by keeping it close. The difference between the Rangers and the Devils is high end talent.

Parise, Kovalchuk, Elias vs Gaborik.

Clearly the Rangers believe that Tortorella is the best man to execute this philosophy. I do not believe they expected Renney to be this guy -- merely someone who could help bring the kids along early (and Renney should get a lot of credit for that - being involved in player development) -- but with Tortorella they are inching closer to realizing the clubs philosophy -- they are some offensive talent away from realizing it.

They won't fire Tortorella unless they feel he shows he is incapable of taking a complete roster and competing (this is not one). Next year will be the first year the Rangers truly judge John imo.