View Single Post
Old
10-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
I beleive Higgins, Komisarek and Dwyer will get cut before the next game and then a trade could (should) happen before Kilger returns, which would have to involve one (or more) of Juneau, Dackell, Quintal, Brisebois, Perreault or Audette, and for picks or prospects I might add, because the only reason to trade one would be to make some room for everybody.

My choices:

1- Trade Quintal to have Komisarek play with Souray. Komisarek is equally useful in the defensive zone right now, looks better offensively and needs (IMO) to play at NHL level to pick up the pace and be ready to take on more responsabilities next year. If not, then Quintal will stay for the whole year, Komi will play in Hamilton an other year and then next year he won't be much better than he is right now as he's arrived to the point where he needs to get acustomed to the faster execution speed of the NHL (a thing he cannot do in the AHL), and not refine his skills (anyway I don't beleive so from what I saw of him during pre-season).

2- Trade Perreault to allow Ribeiro to play. Perreault is an other player sitting in the "will be gone next year" seat and you can't keep both those centers when Koivu returns. It's either Perreault or Juneau, but one of them has to go now.