View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Amid all the discussion in the post-game thread and the "get well" thread, I think it would be good to have a serious look at what happens now that Max is out, assuming he is out long term.

Eller and Kostitsyn cannot be separated, that much is obvious. Which leaves us with the only other viable option: Benoit Pouliot. Looking at the bright side, Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta has had some nice chemistry in the past, and Benny has been itching for that bigger role.

This is his time to shine. He knows it, we know it, unless a guy like Pyatt gets shoved on that line, which would be terrible. Hopefully Darche isn't out too much longer, because he can slot in nicely on Pouliot's line with Desharnais.

So:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Halpern
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
Pyatt-Desharnais-White

Conceivably, Halpern needs to move off the top 6, eventually. We're winning now, and all is dandy, but we can't expect that to be a long-term solution. But that makes it tougher now, unless you want to break up some other lines (i.e. Eller's) that are working (which we shouldn't, and hopefully Jacques won't). If Max comes back sooner than expected, we can breathe, but if Eller/Kostitsyn isn't going anywhere anytime soon, Pouliot might have to move to the RW, unless you guys want Halpern to stick in the top 6 for the rest of the year.

Thoughts on this?

PS - Obviously, we all hope Max is well, and I'm not trying to be insensitive with this thread, as we'll still need to keep pushing forward, with or without him.
Halpern is on the 3rd line...so is Plekanec and Cammy. Eller line is playing like the 2nd line now. Pouliot on the Gomez line.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote