View Single Post
Old
07-28-2005, 01:31 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Who does everyone think the Kings shold take? Right now I have the Kings slated to take Carey Price, but 2 drafts in a row the Kings took someone who fell further than they should have and made a good steal.
Here are a few people I hope the Kings nab, in no particular order

1st round:
O'Marra - Seems like a very solid and safe center. Someone compared him to Trevor Linden, which is cool.

Skille - Another powerforward right wing would give us crazy depth

Price/Rask - Either/or, really. Price seems like he has higher upside and a cooler disposition; Rask seems more solid positionally.

Hanzal - Someone compared him to Handzus, which if he pans out that well, I'd be happy

Bergfors - From what I've read, he just has some serious skills

Bertram - Only if we trade down a ways, though. I think the open ice will really benefit him and his speed. Plus, hopefully he'll get some playing time with Boyle.

2nd round:
Joe Finley - He's a beast at 6'7 and 240 lbs. Would be a hell of a defenseman as long as he keeps improving on his balance and skating.

Risto Korhonen - Very solid defenseman. Not much offensive upside. Reading about him made me think of Norstrom

Slave Trukhno - An import who played for PEI. Good numbers but nothing flashy. I read a comparison of him to Andrei Nikolishin

Ondrej Pavelec - A solid goalie who had a decent U-18 performance

3rd round:
Justin Abdelkader - I spoke to someone who works for McKeens and he has nothing but good things to say about him. He's a center with sick skills and can really turn on the motor.

Sasha Pokulok - Moves very well despite being 6'5. Would be another solid addition to our blueline.

Mathieu Roy - Very one dimensional, and that dimension is offense. Hasn't really had a chance to shine yet.

Granted, the Kings certainly have more exposure to all these guys more than me. I can only go based on what I've read and been told. As you notice I went all over the place in different positions, because the last thing I want is for the Kings to base their pick on "Need"