View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 09:53 AM
MOOKER411

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonajams View Post
Leafs fan here.

I can't believe what a goon Chara is. I also can't believe some are saying this was a legal hit.

It was negligent, reckless, and late. Whether he intended to smack pax's head off the glass could be debated, but to say he didn't want to throw him into the stanchions is ignorant. The fact that it was an unwarranted hit that lead to such a devastating injury tells me that he should absolutely be reprimanded.

I really hope the league does the right thing and throws the book at Chara. He has to learn that his strength needs to be kept in check for the safety of others. I have no problem with him throwing hard clean hits but this wasn't one of them. Very scary...

One of these days Chara's gonna get a two hander to the face.
I am a Bruins fan and I am in no way saying Chara should not get a suspension but he is not a goon. He is just too damn big and strong and wqhen giants make mistakes they are giant mistakes.
I strongly believe Chara intended to rub Max Pac into the partition, I do, but not to the extent of what happened. It was indeed a careless play and for that I am fine with a lengthy suspension. There is no room for this crap in any sport or life period.
As a Bruins fan I know what it is like to be on the recieving end of cheap hits (Bergeron and Savard ). Paille through a cheap blind side hit earlier this year against Dallas and I wanted him off the team. Ference did the right thing by calling Paille's hit for what it was...cheap !!!
I really hope Max Pac makes a full recovery. With my own kids in Hockey, I could not imagine watching something like this happen to my kids.
My personal opinion is when these things happen, the player who made the hit should be out as long as the injured player. That means Jones from Philidalphia should have been out until Bergeron came back and Cooke should be out right now as well as Chara. I think that is the only way to get this crap out of the game.
I still don't believe Chara to be a goon but a stupid decision needs to be adressed properly. Again...Get well soon Max