View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
And that's what I hate about the Bruins mentality. "We're going to get you back."
No kidding. They come flat out and declare that there's going to be payback, that certain players have it coming, etc, and then when, OH SURPRISE, the players they are targeting are actually hurt, they cry innocence.

Come on. Part of getting a conviction in any crime is establishing motive. Chara and the Bruins had plenty: they were getting embarrassed and they wanted payback by means other than on the scoreboard. They were headhunting, plain and simple. I don't give a **** if Chara has no priors. It only takes one hot-headed incident to ruin a life. That's what Chara did, and I don't believe for a second that the intent wasn't there to hurt. To cripple, of course not, but he tried to hurt the guy in a NON-HOCKEY play (unless directing someone's head with your hand into a wall is now a hockey play). They should throw the book at the big idiot. I'd prefer it if that goof never played hockey in my country again.