View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxshark View Post
Chase Deleo is a very good player. Made a big impression on lots of us at winterhawks training camp. Think he is keeping his options open because he did not play in any preseason games, thus maintaining his amateur status.

From what I remember a smaller, highly skilled player. Similar to hawks first round bantam pick Nic Petan.
He is. I'd also add that he's pesky and very quick.

I actually saw the three LA Selects players recently play in the CAHA (California Amateur Hockey Associations) U16 state championship vs. the San Diego Jr. Gulls in Escondido.

Siroky is a similar type of player to DeLeo, although he brings more grit to his game. Very slick with the puck too.

But Scott Savage may be the best of the three IMO. Savage has verbally committed to Boston College for I believe for 2013 (maybe 2014). He was by far one of the best players playing in that championship game. I guess if I had to compare Savage's style to a current player, I'd have to go with Brian Dumoulin - except Savage also brings a great physical element to his game. He moves the puck really well, very good skater and has just a bomb of a shot. For a kid his age, he's very strong and likes to play the body. Finishes his checks with some authority and just has great potential, not only at the collegiate level, but possibly at the pro level down the road as well.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote