View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 04:40 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Seriously don't understand your response. Whether the money comes from an income tax or a sales tax or a property tax, it's still all the same money. It's just that with a truly progressive income tax, the folks who can afford it pay more rather than the working person.

As for how it's being spent, hate to remind y'all but you voted them in. You can vote them out. Everyone of those people in that legislature won an election. If they're wasting money, then it's up to you to vote them out. Problem is that, as usual, there are a lot of people with a lot of differing opinions. Every waste of money that you see was passed by a majority vote of the representatives elected by the people at the time the bill was passed.
Here, I'll explain.

Right now, I only pay the state and local tax when I spend my money, if it's in savings, I'm not taxed on it.

Local income tax would tax me every dollar I make.

Nashville specifically draws a lot of tourist each year, those people pay the same taxes I do for using most of the same stuff. A local income tax does not share that same burdon. I've yet to hear anyone say, "I'm not vacationing there, they have too high of a sales tax"

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote