View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots and Ladders View Post
Anyone know why Brian Williams didt get a Invite I remember him being pretty hype
Sounds like some other players have caught up to him or passed him in overall skill. I've heard rumors that he seems disinterested this season. Not sure if that's even accurate or if he feels like he's above the Midget Minor level. He's a smaller guy too so that doesn't help.

I expected him to be there but you never know why he's not. He could be headed to the WHL (Tri City) with his teammate Eric Comrie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
He is. I'd also add that he's pesky and very quick.

I actually saw the three LA Selects players recently play in the CAHA (California Amateur Hockey Associations) U16 state championship vs. the San Diego Jr. Gulls in Escondido.

Siroky is a similar type of player to DeLeo, although he brings more grit to his game. Very slick with the puck too.

But Scott Savage may be the best of the three IMO. Savage has verbally committed to Boston College for I believe for 2013 (maybe 2014). He was by far one of the best players playing in that championship game. I guess if I had to compare Savage's style to a current player, I'd have to go with Brian Dumoulin - except Savage also brings a great physical element to his game. He moves the puck really well, very good skater and has just a bomb of a shot. For a kid his age, he's very strong and likes to play the body. Finishes his checks with some authority and just has great potential, not only at the collegiate level, but possibly at the pro level down the road as well.
What was your opinion on Max Becker, Brian Williams, and Trevor Moore from that LA Selects squad when you saw them? Thanks for the information as well. Really excited to see what Savage does with the NTDP since he's already committed.