View Single Post
Old
03-09-2011, 11:42 PM
ShotDownCrosby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulica View Post

The public needs to be educated about issues of health so as to a) not have to go to the doctor when they really don't need to and b) how to take care of our bodies so that we don't get sick as often (like diet changes, exercise, etc)

This is why we need to use other forms of "health" care. Like the health-phone line (telehealth). People constantly assume they are the "MOST" sick person there. Also then getting upset when they have to wait 8 hours in ER (not realizing that they will probably get more sick, waiting in the ER).

I don't think this problem will get better though. People are just getting more "me me me"/"drugs drugs drugs". People KNOW how to live a healthy life-style. Everyone knows eating good food, exercise and things like not smoking is GOOD for you. People know, the government needs to use other forms of health care (other than docs), to deal with the smaller issues. Like when someone has a cold and wants drugs. Why does a doc need to be bothered with a virus which won't be cured by anti-biotics?