View Single Post
Old
07-28-2005, 02:23 PM
jfont

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
i would certainly agree that brown is ready for the nhl, but as for him playing on the fourth line for a significant portion of the season, count on it. playing him on the fourth line takes the pressure off him to produce regularly. it gives him less ice time thus training him to play very hard and with full intensity on every shift, something he may not do when logging 20 minutes per game on the top line. it allows him to work on other aspects of his game, such as defensive or physical aspects, making him a more complete player. it protects him from injury to some degree by not making him play against another team's biggest and most physical defensemen (something he'll have to get used to, but i see no reason to rush him into it at the tender young age of 20--he can't even buy beer yet!). in short, there are a variety of reasons for putting him on the fourth line, as there are for putting him on the top line. knowing andy murray, brown will spend time on every line, and will play in a wide variety of situations.
mr. fouser is here!!!

btw, get my email?