View Single Post
Old
03-10-2011, 08:56 AM
RushDP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
So you think it would affect the NHL if you stop buying from a sponsor? Wow. Great logic. I work for Reebok-CCM. If you stop buying their products it's not the NHL you will hurt, it's us, the employees. If Reebok can't sustain a good quality product due to lack of revenue, the NHL will just turn around and sign their next contract with Nike instead.

Stupid idea.
I disagree.

The NHL is a fourth rate regional sport and sponsorship is hard to come by. They have a minor TV deal with versus in the US because they couldn't draw interest from ESPN for a good deal.

If Reebok failed through consumer disinterest the entire industry would review their association with that league. It's not like the deal is lucrative to the point there are 4 companies bidding to be exclusive. I'd be surprised to hear anybody but Reebok placed an interesting bid and that only because Crosby is their boy. In fact, Reebok should be leading the charge precisely because their poster boy is out because of this kind of crap. It's not just Patches, there are too many of these acts without justice in the game.