View Single Post
Old
03-10-2011, 09:43 AM
walker33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
So just because he is playing 1 year up he should get exceptional status? What are his stats? Have you compared them to Tavares, Stamkos, and even guys like Sam Gagner and those types that dominated AAA midget. You're talking about a kid in bantam. Let's see him when he gets up against bigger, faster midget kids and then decide if he's a phenom.

And as a sidebar, there have been a number of kids who have played up 2-3 years above them, not just one. Crosby played jr. A when he was 15, might even have been 14 if I remember correctly. If you're calling someone exceptional, it needs to be more than a 1 year jump in my books. That happens all the time.
Im not saying hes a crosby he plays a ton like duchene did at the same age. The kid is playing a year up and dominating and the only stats i could find were from a tournament win where his team dominated and he led the way with 8 points in one game. Statistically who knows but talent wise this kid screams number 1 pick in the OHL draft for the 97 birth year or even next season. He will never ever play major midget because in ontario major midget is a wash. All the best kids are gone to OHL or tier 2. He will probably play two years of minor midget where he will absolutkley dominate.