View Single Post
Old
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Garyboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It's hard to know on DeAngelo or Erne. With DeAngelo it wouldn't matter since he broke his kneecap in February and wouldn't be able to participate anyway. He could have been invited/offered and we just don't know it. While he's in the USHL already, that only really plays a part in the player's decision. USA Hockey brought Nick Ebert, from Waterloo in the USHL, to last year's camp and offered him knowing he was most likely headed to the OHL. I think a lot of people expect DeAngelo to be OHL bound since he's a late '95. Unless he accelerates his schooling to enter BU (where he's committed) early, he'd be spending 4 years in the USHL before his NHL draft. For a high-end prospect like Anthony, that makes zero sense. I'd expect him in the OHL next season, although I could see a slim chance he'd join the NTDP for 2 years and then play one in the OHL a la Pat Kane.

No idea on Erne. I'd suspect he's happy with Indiana and said "thanks but no thanks" to the invite. He's QMJHL territory so he's a lot less likely to "bolt" to the CHL.
Thanks for the info on the two.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote