View Single Post
Old
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
ThaDevilGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Basically Felger(Boston) asked where the outrage and investigations were when Lapierre took out Nichol, Max Pac took out Eaton, Kostopolous took out whoever it was etc.

Felger said the fact that people are calling the police over a hockey check is ridiculous yahooism.......the Montreal guys were trying to focus more on the issue at hand and dodging the questions on the hits in which Montreal players were the aggressor.

Both sides made fair points, but we all knew it wouldn't end well.

My opinion as a Bruins fan - I expected Chara to get 2 games maximum, but I agree with the league ruling for the most part and I would have been fine with Chara getting a couple games.....it sucks about Pacioretty and I wish him a full recovery, nobody wants to see an injury like that to anybody. I do feel like the police involvement is going too far - this wasn;t an attack like McSorley on Brashear or like Bertuzzi on Moore.

It certainly made for interesting radio - good luck guys, see u in the playoffs
Lapierre and Kosto's suspensions were deserved as the hits were stupid and unnecessary. MaxPac on Eaton doesn't come ton mind so I can't comment.

I also agree that calling the cops was too much but I sincerely doubt that they were "flooded" with calls. It like saying Habs fans start riots for nothing. It's just dumb generalizations since it has been shown that people with ill intent (street gangs style) would start them. However this is HF board, enough said.

The morale of the story: Everybody is an hypocrite but Chara not getting a suspension is ridiculous.