Old
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Here is the Pacioretty hit on Eaton

I don't want to stir it up or be a "troll"......but let's have a civil discussion. What would be your opinion if Eaton left on a stretcher and the Long Police launched an ivestigation?

Again, I expected Chara to get 2 games and I would have been fine with it. The league may have dropped the ball here because the 2 game suspension would have gone a long way to avoiding the sh__storm we have now.
I'd feel that was justified. The investigation would be due diligence and nothing more should come from it (just as it should be the case regarding Chara). As for the hit, I believe injury has to be factored in. If Eaton was severely injured, I would think Patches deserved a suspension. I also wouldn't suggest that Eaton deserved it, as some Boston posters implied of MP. I felt the same about the Savard and Bergeron incidents. There is hippocracy from every fanbase. Being a fan implies a certain level of fanaticism. It doesn't matter if it was a "hockey play", Recklessness should never be allowed and emotions have to be in check. I don't think Chara intended to hurt MP, but he had been gunning for him the past game and his comments after the fact (His lack of awareness in regards to where he was on the ice and who he was checking) do nothing but convince me he was trying to rub him out. Of course I have obvious bias, so just like Bruins fans, my comments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Captain Smurf: 03-10-2011 at 04:05 PM.