Thread: Confirmed with Link: Derek Grant signs Entry Level Contract
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

vCash: 500
Now time to sign Mark Borowiecki!

EDIT: looks like I got beat to the punch lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc View Post
This kind of makes sense

The other week when Pierre Dorion was on the team they said they were interested in signing one of their college guys but didnt want to say who it was cause they didnt want the agent to know they were that interested, I thought they were prob talking about Grant but Pierre mentioned the kid was local at which point it wouldnt make much sense cause Grant is from BC. I thought it might be Borowiecki but I have no idea how hes performing so wasnt too sure if pro hockey was in his future.

With that said if he does sign 4 of our 6 picks we'll be under contract from that draft and possibly 5 if petersson can figure out his injury. Not a bad thing considering it was only 3 years ago
He's been great and was named captain this year for the Clarkson Golden Knights. He isn't a big offensive guy on the backend but he's very sound defensively.. and was named the CJHL Best defensemen before going to the NCAA. He's very good friends with a lot of my buddies and I see him a few times in the year.. I personally don't know if he'll want to leave school early as he was just named captain this year.. but I guess we shall see what goes down if the rumours are true.