Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Blue Jackets
View Single Post
Old
03-10-2011, 07:59 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Put me in the basketball is useless crowd. If dunks were worth 1 point, shots inside the three point line two points and then 3 point shots outside the line was how they scored then I might watch playoffs/championships but as long as guys who are close to 7 ft tall that can almost literally just place the ball inside the hoop get the same points as the guy who has to actually shoot the ball I am out.

As for the game the key to beating the jackets is to make their D move laterally. I noticed this the last two times we play them and I don't know why this is this way but if you notice the BJs d they appear to have coverage issues and get confused when having to switch coverage in all 3 zones.

One real problem area seems to be shallow in their own end as they try to begin establishing themselves, when any player cuts across the blue line laterally they get turned completely around. If I am noticing this then I am certain that others here are seeing the same thing and if we notice it then you can count on their coaching staff knowing about it but it still happens.

Get them moving laterally forcing them to shift and their d is suspect. Do that and try to keep that big guy on their team away from the front of our net and I like our chances against this team and give us a shot.

Go Kings Go!!!!