View Single Post
Old
10-12-2003, 12:49 PM
momentai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
From your lips to MacT's ears.

"What we have to understand is that referees make mistakes at times and you can't let that lose your focus as a hockey club," said Oilers coach Craig MacTavish. "Our inexperience showed and that's something we're going to rectify in a hurry."
Good talk but I won't really be convinced until this all comes into fruition. Until then call me Mr. Skeptical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
Bingo. MacT has them working just such a system. The more they work it, the easier it is to rely on it. And altho it is basically a defensive system, it does allow for our talented players to be creative.

You can't fluke the positioning and puck support I saw in game #1. The bad luck in game #2 was "flukie" and the boys lost some focus against a top team. On the plus side, they shut down the Canucks top lines and very prolific PP. And if it wasn't for "luck" the game was a lot closer than the score.
Well, I thought the score really favored us as a team because I thought we were thoroughly outplayed in most areas of the ice. We could have lost by much more.

I'm not sure if the defensive strategy I've seen so far is indicative of what I'd like the team to achieve. It can be much tighter... As I've always said... the offense can and will dry up in a game. Defensive positioning is not as random as offense... It's all about correct positioning and it's something a player/team can control themselves.

Maybe it's just me but I'd like a much tighter defense even if it detracts from a run-and-gun type of atmosphere.