View Single Post
Old
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Now THAT is how you dominate a hockey game. We ran Minnesota out of the building.

The Ward-Legwand-Erat line was dominant all night. Erat looked like a world-beater the way he was rushing the puck. Ward's goal was a great cycle play, although it doesn't happen if Minnesota doesn't just completely ignore Ward in the slot.

The guy that really stood out to me, though, was Halischuk. He was all over the place and had a fantastic game, and got a well-deserved assist on Spaling's first goal. Speaking of which, does he just love to play Minnesota or what? Four of his seven goals have come in the two home tilts against the Wild.

Our defense was a real treat to watch. We pretty much had our way with Minnesota's forwards and forced them to bad angles every time they entered the zone. When they started getting chances in the third, Rinne stood tall, although he was never really challenged all that severely. Blum had a couple of mistakes but recovered well. You can tell he's still adjusting to the speed of the game - he got completely undressed by Burns in the first period - but by no means did he look out of place out there.

Minnesota was flat in the first period, and we came out and took full advantage. It was really nice to see us dominate a team like that, and hopefully it's something we can build on for this final push. I must admit, though, I was disappointed when Hornqvist and Zidlicky didn't drop the gloves in the second. Hornqvist shouldn't have, because he has nothing to prove, but that would have been damn funny.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 03-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote