Old
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I broke this news in the OT thread last night. I'm a news man of sorts.. an anchorman. Then I was glued to my TV until about 1am and showed up late to work. At first it didn't seem all that bad. Dont' get me wrong, an 8.9 EQ (first reported as an 7.9 then 8.5) is horrific but the structural damange wasn't bad. Then when the Tsunami's started to hit and I was watching as a tidal wave swept cars away that were driving down the road and had no idea what was coming. That was a jawdropper for sure. Then I started thinking about the Tsunami's hitting California. None of the local news media grabbed on to that possibility and when I woke up the warnings were here. Saw some boats in a harbor in Santa Cruz getting tossed around.

I coudln't helpt but think how unprepared I am for any sort of major disaster. I might need to put something together because something like this is almost bound to happen in California in our lifetime. Might as well be prepared for it.
It's only a matter of time. The problem California will have is if a Tsunami hit idiots will be driving towards the wave rather than from it so they can look with that blank stare of Darwinism into the TV camera.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote