Thread: OT: Lubo for Norris!
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2011, 01:56 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Lubo for Norris!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/5488/where-is-norris-talk-for-lubomir-visnovsky

The only Duck it's ok to like is, as ever, flying under the radar this season--second in points among NHL D-men, matching up against the opposition's top lines on a nightly basis. But Pierre Lebrun from ESPN gives him a well-deserved shoutout in this article. Lubo's one of my all-time favourite Kings and, much as I can't support the unexpected success of this year's Ducks (they were supposed to be cannon fodder, dammit!), the fact that Vis, softspoken lunchpale superstar that he is, has just as unexpectedly emerged to anchor a defense that seemed destined to be its team's downfall, kind of warms my heart.

I lost track of him a bit after the trade to Edmonton, but when he was a King, I, like many of you, knew him as an all-around stalwart as opposed to the purely offensive-minded guy that he was often reputed to be--a guy who was gritty, took care of business in his own end first and foremost and gave it his all every game.

Deserving or not, he won't get the Norris talk Lebrun's calling for. However, it is nice to see someone taking notice of his efforts, even if it's only in a lowly web feature.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 03-11-2011 at 02:05 PM.
kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote