View Single Post
Old
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
ugh. i see gaby as a floater and someone who frequently doesnt pick up his man coming back into the zone. he seems rather disinterested in playing defense on many nights, especially when hes not involved offensively.
Gaborik is indeed a very good defensive forward, he's just not always going at both ends of the ice. It's no different than Kovalchuk or Jagr or Kovalev or Ovechkin. Sometimes these players are just more interested in playing offense, especially when it isn't a meaningful game. I don't really have a problem with that. If you have a good all-around team, you can afford and even benefit from having an offensive superstar sitting back waiting for opportunities.

Quote:
my observations and information on koko is that hes willing to play both ends. doesnt shy away from contact and not unwilling to engage along the wall. hes not burmistrov though. alex was unusual, he played defense and was an excellent counter attacker. his offense came from playing defense and attacking on the pk.
Sorry, I like Khokhlachev A LOT, but he needs work away from the puck and in physical situations. I'd still love to draft him, but he is not exactly eager when it comes to battling for loose pucks against bigger players. Again, that's okay. It's not his job. Not every player can do every thing.

Quote:
koko is different. hes a pp sniper and at even strength, hes uses his speed to create. i think koko has the better shot and higher points upside versus alex though hes not nearly as good away from the puck. i still think koko is a centerman in the nhl.
I can agree with this. He has more talent than Burmistrov, but Burmistrov is the more complete player. I do see the reasoning behind moving Khokhlachev to the wing in the NHL. He could never be a top line centerman, but he could be a top line winger.

Quote:
as for Z, hes a riser for sure. kyle woodlief from red line says hes a stud. i trust what kyle says and hes been all over this kid since last fall.

if we somehow manage to choose this kid, i would do back flips.
I love drafting Swedes, and I wouldn't be disappointed with Zibanejad, but I'd rather go for more offensive potential with someone like Khokhlachev or someone else.