Old
10-12-2003, 01:29 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Some thoughts:

-- My biggest concern is attendance. It was 11,000 something last night (# of tickets sold that is). This was the 2nd game of the season, after coming off very exciting home-opener. In addition, it's Saturday night game. In addition, we were playing on of the most known teams in the NHL. I'm just concerned what will happen when it's Tuesday night and we are playing the Carolina Hurricanes and we are coming off a poor stretch. Hopefully things will pick up after baseball and foootball end, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

-- I agree, Legwand was well below average last night. He had scoring opportunities, and he might as well have been Patrick Cote. He just couldn't make anything happen with them. In addition, he went 1 of 13 on faceoffs. That's just horrible. He was pretty horrible on faceoffs against ANA too. That's got to be worked on.

-- I thought Hartnell was the best player on the ice for us. He's still not getting "scoring ice time" but he's making things happen when he's out there. He made a beautiful pass to Timonen, and Kimmo almost got the goal.

-- Erat got 7 minutes of ice time, mainly with guys like Fiddler. Give the guy a chance. Even with the very limited ice time he got, he still made some things happen.

-- I've already expressed my displeasure with Guerin and Turco in another thread. I don't know that's I've ever been more pissed off at a player on another team.
Have to agree, although I thought Timmonen was the best guy on the ice last night.