Thread: Joe Thornton?
View Single Post
Old
07-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
2003 you can make a case for but in all fairness, the guy was playing with a bunch of broken ribs in 04. I'm pretty sure he was contributing as much as he could in his condition.
Then he shouldn't have been playing, since he hurt the Bruins playing at that level more than helped. Watching that series, it was obvious he just couldn't do it. I understand the wanting to play through pain and all, but you've got to know when that's helping and when it's hurting. Just a hint: If you can't do anything on the ice, it's hurting the team.

At any rate, I don't see the Flyers making a move for Thornton. While he's most things Bobby Clarke loves in a player (big, nasty, a center, and can even score), there's a couple of issues: 1. he'll be UFA eligible next season, 2. it'd take too much to get his rights this year, 3. he's asking for too much money in the modern NHL. I do think that the Bruins will keep him, since he's their franchise center, but the two sides there will have to work together on this.