View Single Post
Old
03-11-2011, 08:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
In response

My position though remains solid in that you simply can't compare the two based on how the fact that they are entirely different players who are given entirely different assignments and amounts of ice time and expectations.

I would love it if Westgarth had Cliffords skills but he doesn't. Westgarth is given two minutes a night and a limited role which he plays pretty well for his first year at the NHL level. Clifford is expected to develop into a top 6 forward and I think he will in a year or two.

Its comparing Westgarth with any other player that is incorrect in my opinion as he has the same type of specific role that Quick or JB has with the exception that he is given much less ice time to prove himself.

I am not pro goon or anti goon. I am pro fight whoever drops the gloves and that is why I love Clifford but I am not going to bash Westgarth when I think he is doing as good of a job as can be expected of him with the limitations that his job allows, especially as a rookie at the NHL level.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote