View Single Post
Old
03-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree somewhat but again, they are players who are given two entirely different responsibilities, amounts of ice time, direction and have two entirely different levels of expectation.

Again Westgarths job seems to be what is being overlooked. He is like a goalie, he is supposed to be used as an enforcer and is given 2mins per game as a rookie to go out and try to make something happen. Making it all the more difficult for him to bring any other skills that he might possibly have to the table.

Give Clifford two mins a game and he would also be underwhelming, thank goodness that he has been given the time needed to develop so far and he has absolutely seized that time and opportunity and made the most of it.

Two mins per game (a little more) makes it difficult but Westgarths stats are pretty solid for this being his rookie year. I contend that it appears that TM is a large part of the problem with Westgarth but will add that he is better than Ivanans during his first year and I see improvement.
This assumes Westgarth would do anything with his minutes.

His is slow, has no first step, is average on defense and has zero offensive upside except for surprisingly being an above average passer for a pylon.

So, what would he do with the minutes except waste them. Not much. Clifford has earned his minutes. The boy can skate, pass, shoot, hit and has a tough fighting component as well. If Clifford had Westgarth's skill set, he wouldn't be Kyle Clifford and he would get 4-9 minutes per game as well.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote