Thread: anson carter
View Single Post
Old
10-12-2003, 02:56 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Guys,i know you don't like my take on Dunham and that's fine but as far as Carter goes he's a good second liner at times and he'd be a great third liner.If given first line minutes he'll do 20-28 but no more which he proved here and in Boston.I was really excited with the Oil getting Carter but after a season and a half i just came to accept the fact that he doesn't have the desire to be one of "the go to guys"on a team.Some people in the league have the misconception that he's a power forward and i'm sure you've all noticed that he's not one to get physically involved.Most of his goals are scored from in front and the odd slapper but he doesn't have the talent to create stuff on his own.He's very streaky and when he's not scoring he just doesn't bring much to the table.All i'm saying is don't expect too much from the guy because you won't get it.The Oiler fans were disappointed when he was traded because they were in the middle of a playoff race and we traded Niinnama to the Isles on the same day and didn't get a ton of talent to improve our team on that day.Not to many people were angry with him going it was more the situation and timing of the trade.To me,Dvorak is better suited to the Oiler style but he's no better then Carter but he has way more upside as an Oiler and i think that's why the Oilers made the deal.I hope Anson has a huge year but don't count on it.