View Single Post
Old
10-12-2003, 02:19 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Don't be a *****, Serum. I'm glad everyone is pissed about last night. At least we care about our team losing and don't just shrug it off. That's one of the reasons I love the Oilers. Fans expect big things each year and aren't satisfied with continually coming in eigth in the standings. And we will finish no higher than 7th or 8th if we can't play well against teams in our own division.

Sorry, it was a bit harsh now that I look back on it.

I think I'm less upset with the attitude and more with the apparent lack of reason. I have been a poster on (and fan of) these boards for almost four years and the level of discussion just seems to be lacking in the Vancouver game related threads.

I expect the guys to come out and beat every team, because I think if they're on their game they can do it. However the doom and gloom after one game followed by sweeping generalizations about individual players rubs me the wrong way. Not because I don't think the players can take it but because it lowers the intelligence level of the dialogue, one of the most redeeming qualities of the Oilers board.

But I must say it felt good to get an emotional outburst out there