View Single Post
Old
03-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Well I was only distracted for a couple minutes trying to figure out how old those girls in the aisles were, and I still agreed. As far as being anything more than he's expected to be, I didn't see it. But yes, he was off the ice quite a bit while Ottawa was on the PP a lot.

It wasn't a great show case, even on a night where he scored twice. It's not a knock on him, sometimes a great prospect isn't going to show up the way you wanted them to. And if I seem down on him, it's only because I went there looking at him from the angle that he may be in the top tier of talent in this draft, last night I didn't see it. I think he's properly placed in most lists, that's a compliment, he is high regarded. And like I said, a player that can shoot the puck at an elite level will score goals in the NHL, especially when he isn't lacking in skill set

I think if anyone can eventually penetrate that top tier of players in this draft from the outside it may be Huberdeau, perhaps not at the draft, but over the long haul.
I'm just curious as to what he was supposed to do to be more 'dominant'? Niagara must have spent 70% of that game in their own zone. Oddly enough, for the most part, most of their rushes the other way came when Strome was on the ice. He carried the puck the most, he created space, he made nice passes, he created opportunities to score (he put away two goals to tie, and win the game), he created turnovers, he stripped the puck, he battled on the boards and won, and he did all this against a team that was outplaying his team.

I don't understand what more you were looking for? Was he supposed to be out there throwing his body knocking everyone down at once, always having the puck on his stick, scoring 5+ goals and playing 60 minutes?

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote