View Single Post
Old
03-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Strome seems like a good competitor, but I'm not convinced his shooting mechanics will hold up at the next level. His high arm elbow motion is completely conical - meaning it's not congruent with traditional range of motion shot modelling. I'm not saying this can't work for him, but the numbers don't favour it. Combining this with his awkward turns, and less than stellar neutral-zone awareness, I'm not sure I'd gamble a top 10 pick on him. Just IMO, of course.
Erm...what? His 'awkward turns'? Could I get an example of this? From what I saw his skating is on a very high level and all of his turns/cuts were very good and well thought out as well as helping him create space.

Also his neutral zone awareness was really high. As I said before he caused at least 4 turn overs in the neutral zone as well as constantly following the play as it went between the blue lines.

I'd also like to point out that, in my viewings, he only uses his slapper when he has space which is why he often passes first and was voted as the best playmaker in the OHL east (as well as stickhandler.)

Speaking of his slapper.

Second goal for Stromer -- look at the mechanics. Stamkos moves faster (for this one) but Strome has more time and space. Very similar mechanics though.

Last edited by Curtinho: 03-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote