View Single Post
Old
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I hate to disagree with all of you, but I think he's looked great the last week or so. He's been forechecking hard, cycling better than anybody else on the team, driving the net, and getting scoring opportunities. He was terrific against New Jersey and didn't even get a point out of it. As for the inconsistency, he has fifteen points in his last thirty games with seven goals, which puts him exactly where I think he belongs in terms of production. Luckily, he's not a top-six-or-nothing type player, and he'll be a monster third liner for a long time. He'll get the "A" soon, and hover around 40-45 points. That's a pretty good player, in my opinion.
Agree with all of this.
Good 3rd liner on a deep team, 2nd line LW on a weaker team (does everybody really understand what a black hole of talent LW is in the NHL?).

In terms of his play specifically; he needs to stick to the power/grinding game. He doesn't have the skill to succeed with the finesse game he sometimes falls into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I think he and Regin will be in a dogfight to the end to make the team next year, there's a lot of guys pushing them now with more on the way after this draft.
1) Foligno is younger than pretty much every new player we've added and is playing very well amongst them.
2) we don't have any sort of roster crunch coming up at forward whatsoever. Who is pushing them out of the lineup?
3) You do realize that you're comparing Regin and Foligno getting limited minutes on a team with Spezza, Alfie, Fisher, Michalek & Kovalev... to youngsters getting tonnes of ice time on a team with Spezza and nothing else.

trentmccleary is online now   Reply With Quote