Old
03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilshark View Post
The order of NY teams and their popularity would probably be something like this

Yankees>Giants>Knicks>Mets>Jets>Rangers

I personally don't ever see the Rangers becoming a bigger deal than the Knicks in NYC (or any other Hockey team, anywhere else in America) until we get more Black and Hispanic players in the NHL.

The biggest reason Hockey's fanbase is kind of locked in terms of growth, is that it's still considered a "white man's game". Get a couple non-Canadian, black players (who are good/great) on the Rangers and I guarantee you that things will slowly start to change.
Even before their recent success, I'd put the Jets ahead of the Mets for sure. Probably ahead of the Knicks, too. Though I haven't lived in NY for over a decade, so what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
They are the 2nd most popular team in NY right now.

Also, don't give me the Giants have won a Super Bowl a couple years ago, people don't remember that as much as the failures the past couple of teams have had.
That may be true, but only at this moment in time. NYC is and pretty much always will be predominantly Giants territory. If both teams are on equal ground, there's more support for Blue than Green. I'm a huge Jets fans, but that's the current reality.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote