View Single Post
Old
03-14-2011, 08:03 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Alzner will stay for sure, how much and how long he signs for probably depends on 2 things, 1) how high the salary cap goes and 2) the Caps try to retain Hannan or Arnott (and if Poti's career is over or not) after this season and those guys probably are more focused on the playoffs. Meaning I don't think we'll see Alzner re-sign till after the Caps season is over.

If the Caps try and keep a bunch of players I think they'll sign Alzner to a 1 year deal with a lower cap hit to help squeeze as many of the players into the cap as possible. I think Alzner would be okay with that route as well because it means the team will be better. He gets another year to try and round out his offensive game at the NHL level, which would translate to a bit more money when he signs that longer term deal.

If the Caps aren't keeping many UFAs then I think they sign Alzner to a longer term deal (this would help keep the fans happy).

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote