View Single Post
Old
03-14-2011, 08:36 AM
operasen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I hate to disagree with all of you, but I think he's looked great the last week or so. He's been forechecking hard, cycling better than anybody else on the team, driving the net, and getting scoring opportunities. He was terrific against New Jersey and didn't even get a point out of it. As for the inconsistency, he has fifteen points in his last thirty games with seven goals, which puts him exactly where I think he belongs in terms of production. Luckily, he's not a top-six-or-nothing type player, and he'll be a monster third liner for a long time. He'll get the "A" soon, and hover around 40-45 points. That's a pretty good player, in my opinion.
I guess we expect Top 6 out of a 1st round pick. I concur with your point that he is playing better of late. Seems to be getting some chemistry with Smith and Neil. I would assume that is the 3rd line next year.

I also assume Greening and Condra are on the team. And Silfverberg will get a look if he's over. Shannon is the dark horse. He too has been better of late as a centre. Svatos and Potulny (maybe AHL) are not here.

Regin has a long way back and will probably be wobbly (see Kovalev & Michalek this year) for a good part of next year. He needs to stay on IR until he is strong, not rush back.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote