View Single Post
Old
03-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Pronger and Timonen are in the same class as Keith, but they're also considerably older than Keith. As for Richards, Carter, Giroux and Briere, as good as they are, they aren't Pat Kane good. I look at it like this. When coaches go to plan their games against the Flyers, those four guys listed are the least of their concerns. When it comes to playing the Blackhawks, teams have to find a way to stop Kane. To me, that's all the difference in the world because he's a game changer and he has the ability to single handedly take over a game. The only player out of that four who might have that Kane type of ability to single handedly change the direction of a game is Giroux, but that ability is hampered because of the depth.

And once again, I'm not saying that depth is a bad thing. However, there's nothing wrong with having a superstar in the lineup either.
Richards, Briere, and Carter are getting paid like superstars and many have already issued that Carter and Richards are two of the untradeable pieces of the core group. How is it that Carter and Richards escape from this without having the finger pointed at them.

Carter has been playing really well lately, I certainly hope he keeps it up, but at some point Carter and Richards are going to have to strap their carriages to Pronger and back him up for calling this team out. If you play undisciplined hockey no system or style of play in the world is going to help you win.

It is the difference between the individual versus the TEAM, no one individual is bigger than the TEAM, and as a team you can overcome any adversity.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote