View Single Post
Old
03-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
IF it wasn't seen to be such a hot commodity then these businesses wouldn't be spending so much in an effort to corner the fresh water market.

Personally, I see this as nothing more than speculation. Large corporations and hedge funds are looking to make huge profits but cannot drink from the same well too often (no pun intended!). Around ten years ago, the market saw a massive "Tech Bubble" which eventually burst. More recently, we've had an "Oil Bubble" followed by a "Housing Bubble". Currently, it looks as if another oil bubble is forming, along with gold.

In the not too distant past, those fools at Enron successfully created a fictitious "Future Energy Demand Bubble". Well, this phony machination actually resulted in real power loss to several sections of the United States before the scandal was found out.

Quite literally, Enron was manufacturing a localized energy crisis, just because they could. There were several other crazy things that Enron attempted to develop markets (and ensuing crises) for, but they escape me just now.

When speculators run out of things to speculate upon, they tend to invent new things to speculate upon. For more information about this, I suggest Googling "George Soros" and "currency speculation".

IMHO, corporations buying up water rights is nothing more than the attempted creation of another bubble; The "Water Bubble". Does that mean we're going to have a real shortage of drinking water? Who knows. It is important, however, that you believe the crisis/demand is real. That's how these monsters make their bucks.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote