Old
03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Smoke and mirrors.

If you don't suspend the players who cause the concussions, you cannot correctly fine the teams that get "lots of suspensions".
Could be BC, but until the next incident happens, we'll just have to wait and see what effect these 5 steps will have.

In the meantime, the fact that they are willing to make mandatory changes to arenas and players equipment is a step forward IMO.

This may all turn out to be a big joke. I'm willing to see what lies ahead though before jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Oh I don't disagree. I just think it's a slap in the face that he and the NHL make such a stupid decision, stand by it, then days later he posts this. So which is it Gary, do you agree with this type of stuff or don't you? Seems pretty reactionary to me and if it's the case it just shows he's getting a lot more pressure than fans of other teams like to lead on regarding this issue.

I don't think many habs fans would be happy with anything other than good news regarding Max at this point

But alas you are right, any step in the right direction is a step none the less, however if we're on the topic of conflicts of interest, probably shouldn't have current general managers as part of the committee.
I see your point, I'm just trying to look at the positive here. We're upset after the Pacioretty incident, and we want change. Well, they are giving us change. To what degree is yet to be seen.

As for the point I bolded, you know as well as I do that situation is closed. I don't like it, but we'll have to move on and hope that type of situation will be decreased or eliminated entirely in the future.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote