View Single Post
Old
03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
I just returned from 2 weeks vacation and so I immersed myself in the outrage of this topic before viewing the clip. To tell you the truth I expected a more blatant infraction by Chara given HFboard's general tone on it's brutality.

It's times like this when it's tough to take the National Hokey League serious. The owners have taken obstruction out of the game to the point you can't even lift an opponent's stick off the puck without being sent to the sinbin. They've made 2 changes to the rule governing goals scored off skates, in a so-called interest of safety, and I don't recall ever seeing anyone cut by an errant blade at the net.

So the league is great at creating solutions that have no corresponding problem, but it seems it can't muster any ideas on how to fix problems that actually exist. Players are dropping like flies to concussions and they have been for a while, it takes fan outrage and the weighing in of players for a committee to get formed.

I have said it before I don't see any significant change coming to hockey until there's a fatality on the ice, or a fatality on Coaches Corner.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote