View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 01:20 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I have been listening metal since the mid-90s. I have gotten used to people claiming the genre has deteriorated since the nu-metal 'fad' of the late 90s, early 00s. During this time, I have embraced all forms of metal from 'nu-metal' to the 'classics' to 'metalcore'. In fact, I prefer the newer stuff, especially symphonic black metal, than many of the ‘classics’. Of the newer genres, I am most impressed with the symphonic/Gothic metal bands from Europe in terms of their desire to mix non-traditional elements within the genre. I feel that this is what makes the genre grow and prosper, not a desire to stop the progression of the music at a specific time and space.

As for the classics like Metallica, little do people know that they themselves were at the forefront of experimentation. They incorporated punk elements into their music that are clearly evident in Kill 'Em All. In the early 1980s, they were too punk for metal fans and too metal for punk fans. If you love metal, whatever form that it takes, than horns up!!!
More or less this, except hair metal